BARBERS / COSMOTOLOGISTS
Because everyone is welcome at Hudson / Hawk, it takes the right person to work here.
Hudson / Hawk is a place to have an honest conversation. A place to try something new. Where you can be yourself or just be over it.
Earning this kind of trust with our clients means we’re very particular about finding the right people for our team. No egos. No agendas.
We expect a lot. Respect—all people, all the time. Humility—we each have things to learn. And style—we know hair. But we also know street tacos, b-movies and hiking boots. So we look for curious, creative people with a knack for knowing what’s up.
Because our customers expect the Hudson/ Hawk experience, we’re always looking for the right barbers, stylists and staff to create it. We sincerely hope that’s you.
To apply for a Barber / Cosmotologist position, please complete and submit the application below.
The full-time Barber / Cosmetologist role is meant to provide barbering services, such as hair cutting, trimming, shaving, shampooing, and styling. This includes making clients feel welcomed and consulting them on what styles would be best suited for them, providing styling tips, and recommending the best products to achieve their desired look.
- Make $35,000 – $65,000 Annually (Based on averages – includes tips)
- Great Health Benefits (Health/Vision/Dental)
- Earned Vacation Allowance and Bonuses
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Engage clients as they enter the shop creating a favorable and lasting impression
- Read and understand HH Handbook and expectations of quality services
- Anticipate client needs by being able to identify and provide solutions to skin, scalp, and styling concerns through service options and product offerings
- Each barber must successfully execute all services within the time, or less, designated in booking reservation system. Service times and prices are determined by HH.
- Ensure daily cleanliness, neatness, and sanitization of all functions of shop are taken care of that barber(s) is responsible for, listed on daily responsibility checklist
- Continual effort for shop function; sweep between clients any station where needed, towels laundered, folded, supplied at towel station and towel warmer
- Regular marketing and strong effort for client retention via quality and recurring appointments
- Barbers are expected to perform all functions of the front desk with confidence and accuracy, should the SC be absent; schedule/cancel/move appointments, full functionality of reservation system, take payments for services and issue change
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance as the face of our brand
- Barbers are scheduled in the shops at all times by 8 hour shifts (exceptions made at Operation’s discretion) with scheduled 30 minute breaks- primarily full time with part time considered at Operation’s discretion
- Ability to arrive to work 10-15 minutes prior to your assigned shift start time and ability to stay past shift to continue servicing clients as needed
- Full availability for weekend and holiday hour shifts is expected
- Fill in for absent team members as necessary
Pay / Benefits / Performance
- Barbers are compensated for their service and product sales by commission levels only, no hourly or base rate of pay except during training period. HH barbers do not pay booth rent or for back bar items.
- Barbers can work through levels at annual performance appraisal to increase commission amount and earn vacation pay
- Access to health benefits for full-time barbers (30 hours or more)
- 40% off non-clearance merchandise
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Licensed with state cosmetology or barber board. Barber or crossover license preferred (ability to offer straight shaves)
- Experience in customer service, computer and cash register preferred