Shop coordinators (SC’s) are often the first point of contact for a client at Hudson / Hawk Barber & Shop (HH).
SC’s primary responsibility is client care and front desk/lobby focused. SC’s are at the front desk to check clients in for appointments, offer beverage, process/close client orders, process and bag purchases, ensure retail shelves are stocked, perform back-bar exchanges with barbers as needed, report and reconcile cash drawers, and assist with training.
- SC’s are compensated by an hourly wage.
- SC’s are typically scheduled in shops 30 minutes before opening to 30 minutes after shop closes.
- SC’s are scheduled in shops by shifts.
- SC’s are scheduled 30 minute lunches for shifts longer than 8 hours.
- SC’s clock-in and out for shifts and breaks using the Zenoti system.
- SC’s receive annual performance appraisal with opportunity for pay increase
- Primarily part time position and may be scheduled ET shifts (Springfield only)
- SC’s have building keys or alarm codes.
Provide exceptional experience for clients visiting the shops. Service is performed with enthusiasm and friendliness and a willingness to help others. SC’s maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance as the face of our brand. Consistent adherence to policies and procedures outlined by HH is critical. Highest-level of responsibility with shop security, cash handling, inventory and shop supplies, and balancing schedules. SC’s have alarm codes and building keys. The SC position is highly responsible for the overall client experience, look, feel, cleanliness, communication, and performance of the lobby and front desk of shop. Business casual attire expected. Primarily a part-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Heavy client focus by providing exceptional customer service and putting the client first
- Engage and greet clients and guests as they enter the shop creating a favorable and lasting impression
- Actively promote and have knowledge of HH service menu, additional services (app, email and text reminders, recurring appointments, etc) and merchandise/products for sale
- Schedule appointments and ensure that cancellations or adjustments are taken care of as outlined by HH
- Operate cash register, cash handling and payments for services rendered and issue change and receipts, accurately use Zenoti reservation system
- Beverage center maintained by SC, clients always offered beverage, newspaper
- Ensure cleanliness, neatness, and sanitization of break room, lobby, retail areas, front desk, and restroom
- Fill in for absent staff as necessary
- Reliably clock-in and out for every assigned shift and lunch break
- Ability to arrive to work 5-10 minutes prior to your assigned shift start time and ability to stay past shift to complete tasks, if necessary
- Locking/unlocking shop and turning off/setting alarm system
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Hourly compensation based on number of hours worked.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- High level of integrity
- Proven experience in stellar customer service
- Computer and cash register experience
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit forward thinking
- Reliably arrives for shifts on time, minimal request for time off
- Full availability for weekend and holiday hour shifts
- Positive and inviting attitude with a willingness to help
- Great position for a barber or hairstylist student